We are happy to inform you that once more this year the Medacta for Life Foundation in collaboration with ATFA (Ticino Foster Family Association), has joined the charity boxes initiative for children and teenagers housed in juvenile residential education centres in Canton Ticino (360 from age 0 to 18)!
The boxes, containing Christmas presents will be for all children, adolescents and young people who are guests at juvenile reception facilities in Canton Ticino.
The effort made last Christmas to complete the collection and delivery of a box to each child or youth provided a warm moment of thoughtfulness and love to hundreds of guests of the structures (CEM). This achievement, and the heartfelt thanks received afterwards have motivate us to gladly repeat the action of solidarity this year .
To do so, we are counting on every one of you to participate !
In order to be sure to have charity boxes for every age group and gender, we have created an online form that you must fill out in order to “reserve” the box you wish to make (if it is for a boy or a girl, and of what age). The collection of boxes will brake place in early December.
What to do:
1. Access the Box Reservation Form
When the number of Boxes needed for a particular age group and gender is reached the corresponding choice will be removed from the form; we will then be happy (i.e. the children/youth receiving the Box will be!) to choose and reserve another available target group for you.
2. Take a shoebox and fill it with:
- something warm to wear, new or in very good condition properly washed and packaged (gloves, a scarf, a hat, a jumper, etc.);
- something sweet to eat (sweets, chocolate, dried fruit, a lollypop, etc.);
- something fun to do (a book, a crossword book, a board game, playing cards, a colouring book with coloured pencils, etc.);
- a beauty or toiletry product or an accessory (cream, bubble bath, towel, perfume, make up, nail varnish, hair grips or a hair band, cap, necklaces, bracelets etc etc.);
- a card: because words are worth even more than objects!
3. Wrap the shoebox up and decorate it, writing (max size no more than a business card) it would be suitable for (a girl, a boy or unisex) and add the age too (0/3 – 3/6 – 6/10 ).
For the age groups 11/14 and 15/18 we will donate Bonus Cards of the value of 40.- Chf each, a present that last year was particularly appreciated by teenagers (according to feedback from CEM). In this regard, for those who wish to contribute to the initiative for older children, you can also make a donation (see bank details below and indicate the following as a comment “Common fund for the initiative Charity Boxes”)
5. Hand it in or send it by post between Wednesday 1 and Friday 10 December to the following addresses:
- My School Ticino – Alle Zocche 2, 6874 Castel San Pietro
- Associazione Ticinese Famiglie Affidatarie – Vicolo Antico 2, 6943 Vezia
For donations related to Bonus Cards or for free donations to the many other projects of the Medacta For Life Foundation, please use the following IBAN:
- CHF IBAN: CH 22 0866 7007 2547 1100 2
- EURO IBAN: CH97 0866 7007 2547 1101 0 BIC: EFGBCHZZ
Account: Fondazione Medacta for Life
A heartfelt Thank you!
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org