We are happy to inform you that the Medacta for Life Foundation in collaboration with ATFA (Ticino Foster Family Association), has taken up an initiative for the collection of charity boxes for all those children and teenagers housed in child shelter accommodation in Canton Ticino (360 aging 0 to 18)!
A charity box is an act of generosity to bring a smile to those children, who during this difficult time, are in a distressful situation. With this in mind we ask you to participate in this initiative: donating is good for the heart and we are trying to help these children and adolescents celebrate the Christmas season with a friendly surprise under the Christmas tree.
What to do:
- Take a shoebox and fill it with:
- something warm to wear (gloves, a scarf, a hat, a jumper, etc.);
- something sweet to eat (sweets, chocolate, dried fruit, a lollypop, etc.);
- something fun to do (a book, a crossword book, a board game, playing cards, a colouring book with coloured pencils, etc.);
- a beauty product (cream, bubble bath, perfume, make up, nail varnish etc.);
- a toiletry or an accessory ( a child’s toothbrush, toothpaste, hair grips or a hair band, necklaces, bracelets etc);
- a card: because words are worth even more than objects!
- Wrap the shoebox up and decorate it, writing who it would be suitable for (a girl, a boy or unisex) and add the age too (0/3 – 3/6 – 6/10 – 10/14 – 15/18).
- Hand it in or send it by post by Monday 21st December to the following addresses:
- My School Ticino – Via Alle Zocche 2, 6874 Castel San Pietro
- Associazione Ticinese Famiglie Affidatarie – Vicolo Antico 2, 6943 Vezia
If you are not able to prepare a charity box, but would like to help us with this initiative, it is still possible to give a donation or to make a contribution via “Box Solidale” at Fondazione Medacta for Life (CHF IBAN: CH 22 0866 7007 2547 1100 2) (EURO IBAN: CH97 0866 7007 2547 1101 0 BIC: EFGBCHZZ )
A heartfelt Thank you!
For further information: email@example.com
Newsletter ATFA – Dec 2020: